Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Weather UNIT joins STORMTRACK

 Why I joined STORMTRACK

I have been wanting to join STORMTRACK for some time now but have finally made the move to do so.  I'm looking forward to working together with the storm chasing community and other weather enthusiasts as a fellow American who's desire is to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States of America and our Bill Of Rights as the mainstream media desires to demonize many Americans for whatever personal interests they might have as we purse life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness together:

Here is my letter to the ADMINISTRATORS at:
www.stormtrack.org

Greetings STORMTRACK Administrators:

My name is David Casper and I'm a storm chaser/tracker, etc.  I'm filling out the REGISTRATION here to join STORMTRACK upon a recommendation from a fellow storm chaser and friend of mine who is a member named Tom Tackett from Fort Worth, Texas who I believe some of you administrators know in person.

The recent events in Oklahoma surrounding the strong tornado outbreaks in that region have prompted me to write some articles on my blogspots located at www.theweatherunit.com and also www.thenewsunit.com regarding storm chasing and the media coverage of these recent events along with the unfortunate injuries and deaths. 

It appears that we may now be facing some incredible pressure from mainstream media that needs some exposure.  Although each and every one of us have dealt with the media at one time or another, especially those of us who have a knack for video and reporting,  it seems they could be turning from our best friends into our worst enemies.  I certainly hope not.  But when Al Roker on NBC and The Weather Channel starts to generalize all storm chasers as "thrill seekers" we have a problem. 

I do know some of you and have met a few of you in the field on occasion however I haven't been storm chasing very often over the last two years.  I'm looking forward to catching up with some folks here and perhaps helping the storm chasing/tracking and storm research community work together to maintain the integrity of these important eyes in the field and perhaps educate the media before they create unnecessary conflict. 

Thank you.

Very Truly Yours,

David Casper
Stormchaser
www.theweatherunit.com